Sunday 17 November 2013

Committed girl - poem

Is it a crime to hit on a committed girl?
The predicament always left my head in a whirl

I met a girl who fitted exactly in my template
I envied her bloke who snatched my soul mate
Her characteristics were so immense
I can fill this page & fill supplements
But she was as committed as fish to water
Whether I'm Salman or Akshay didnt matter

My conscience made me feel evil
I was unsure if I was man or devil
Hence, my attempts were never full hearted
Soon she married & to her new home she departed

I carried on with life very downbeat
Why so early did i accept defeat?
But my heart skipped a beat couple of years later
I saw walking down the lane my future life partner

My sources revealed she was still single
This time i did not let my suspicion dangle
The truth was she had just severed a courtship
That was the cue to offer my humble friendship

The girl was lot more than just her looks
It was fate that led me into her good books
Soon attraction towards her cuteness subsided
And love for the person within superseded

I married her, & rest as they say is history
But this is never the end of any story
Marriage brought its own paraphernalia
Years led to dreary city & not utopia

One day I happened to meet my failed conquest
With her prince who looked like a clown at best
Time had drawn faint wrinkles on her face
Her weight seemed to have hammered her grace

I looked at myself & felt no better
A paunch that was only getting fatter
My own prize had the structure of an edifice
Which, the grind of life made me fail to notice

For all, life became a mundane run of the mill
With mortgage, groceries & payment of bills
There were too many sources for worriment
Children's exams, profession & petty arguments

Thoughts were full while aimlessly wandering
When my eyes fixed on a sight so intriguing
It was not the young couple flirting at a nearby park
It was the aura of an ascetic that was so stark
With serenity & calmness he was endowed
Invaluable traits that I was not bestowed

Who cares if hitting on committed girl is a crime
Now I envy the ascetic's effulgence so sublime !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comics

https://Pixton.com/ics:svk34vk5