Sunday 17 November 2013

Where did I lose my peace? - poem

The yonder years of innocent childhood
Oblivious of the need to earn shelter and food
Climbing trees, swimming in lakes and what not
Never feeling the pressure of life within or without
But as I grew up and started learning what life is
I began to wonder, where I lost my peace

The adolescence years were full of fun
Bunking classes, hanging out with friends
Going to the cinema, chatting with pals
Was what my little world comprised in all
But when the pressures of exam ripped my mind piece by piece
I kept wondering, where did I lose my peace

The days of job were much too stressed
Pressure of work and tension from the boss
Day and night my mind just went for a toss
Desperate became my search for a lease
I cribbed, where the heck did I lose my peace

I searched for peace in discotheques
In pubs, bowling alleys and malls
In the end I spent a lot of bucks
Just to realize money can’t buy peace after all
My patience began to suffer as is
I shouted, where did I lose my peace

I took refuge in religious scriptures
Some of them proved to be high bouncers
I realized the need of a spiritual teacher
But where would I find a good seer or preacher
All these thoughts made my mind ill at ease
I began to doubt, will I ever recover my peace

Then out of the dark came a ray of light
When I learnt that others faced the same plight
Everlasting peace was still an illusion
Nevertheless it was still a consolation
That I was not the only sloppy chap
Who lost his peace way long back



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comics

https://Pixton.com/ics:svk34vk5